All area runners and walkers are welcome and encouraged to join the Riverbend Striders. The purpose of this organization is to promote health & fitness through running and walking. The Riverbend Striders serve the running/walking community by providing a year-round schedule of events, either through club managed races or by providing assistance to area race directors for non-club managed events. Our goal is to provide information, competitive events and comaraderie for those in our community who are fitness-minded and enjoy the physical and psychological benefits of exercise through running or walking
Riverbend Strider members enjoy several benefits:
Discounts of $2.00 on early registration for at least ten club managed races held throughout the year. Races and race dates are available on our website: www.riverbendstriders.com
- A 10% discount on regular priced items at Bauman's Running & Walking Shop in Flint
- Training runs/walks on Wednesday evenings at the Downtown Flint YMCA, with the use of lockers and showers
- Membership in the Road Runners Club of America
- E-Newsletters, race applications, race results, area running information, and special announcements
- Club social gatherings
- Volunteering opportunities for at least one race during the 2021 racing year
Riverbend Striders, P.O. Box 233, Flushing, MI 48433
Please note, renewal members will keep the same membership number from 2020. New members will receive an email from the Striders that will include their membership number to be used for discounts on early registration for eligible races, YMCA training runs and discounts at Bauman's. All 2021 memberships will expire on December 31, 2021.
All correspondence will be conducted via email so please provide your email address.